Contribute to an informed and active citizenry by supporting programs that promote literacy and educational enrichment within communities served by Swift Communications.
Examples include programs that promote:
- Literacy, reading and writing skills
- Programs in the languages, sciences and interdisciplinary areas
The Bessie Minor Swift Foundation awards grants to programs that provide direct service to:
- help with the implementation or expansion of literacy programs for children who are below grade level or experiencing difficulty reading
- develop reading and writing skills at all age levels
- develop programs in the languages, STEM and STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and mathematics) for preschool, primary and secondary school-aged students
Through our 2020 funding process a total of $86,195 was awarded to 39 organizations. Details of these awards can be found in the Grant History menu. Since inception 357 awards have been granted for a total of over $700,000. Over 13 years the Foundation has awarded grants as follows:
While grants have been primarily given for Language programs in the past, STEM, STEAM and Interdisciplinary projects are definitely on the rise.
Now accepting grants for 2021.
We will be processing applications between January 4 and February 15 of 2021. You can find the application under the “Apply” menu header.