Contribute to an informed and active citizenry by supporting programs that promote literacy and educational enrichment within communities served by Swift Communications.
Examples include programs that promote:
- Literacy, reading and writing skills
- Programs in the languages, sciences and interdisciplinary areas
The Bessie Minor Swift Foundation awards grants to programs that provide direct service to:
- help with the implementation or expansion of literacy programs for children who are below grade level or experiencing difficulty reading
- develop reading and writing skills at all age levels
- develop programs in the languages, STEM, STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and mathematics) and Interdisciplinary areas for preschool, primary and secondary school-aged students
Through our 2022 funding process a total of $85,928 was awarded to 33 organizations. Details of these awards can be found in the Grant History menu. Since inception 424 awards have been granted for a total of over $865,000. Over 15 years the Foundation has awarded grants as follows:
While grants have been primarily given for Language programs in the past, STEM, STEAM and Interdisciplinary projects are definitely on the rise.