Contribute to an informed and active citizenry by supporting programs that promote literacy and educational enrichment within communities served by Swift Communications.
Examples include programs that promote:
- Literacy, reading and writing skills
- Programs in the languages, sciences and interdisciplinary areas
The Bessie Minor Swift Foundation awards grants to programs that provide direct service to:
- help with the implementation or expansion of literacy programs for children who are below grade level or experiencing difficulty reading
- develop reading and writing skills at all age levels
- develop programs in the languages, STEM and STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and mathematics) for preschool, primary and secondary school-aged students
Through our 2021 funding process a total of $81,520 has been awarded to 34 organizations. Details of these awards can be found in the Grant History menu. Since inception 391 awards have been granted for a total of over $780,000. Over 14 years the Foundation has awarded grants as follows:
While grants have been primarily given for Language programs in the past, STEM, STEAM and Interdisciplinary projects are definitely on the rise.
We will be accepting grant applications again between January 1, 2022 and February 15, 2022. Thank you for all you contribute to your communities.