Contribute to an informed and active citizenry by supporting programs that promote literacy and educational enrichment within communities served by Swift Communications.
Examples include programs that promote:
- Literacy, reading and writing skills
- Programs in the languages, sciences and interdisciplinary areas
We have completed our 2019 grant application period. Come see us again starting January 1, 2020 to seek funds for your many great programs in communities served by Swift Communications.
The Bessie Minor Swift Foundation awards grants to programs that provide direct service to:
- help with the implementation or expansion of literacy programs for children who are below grade level or experiencing difficulty reading
- develop reading and writing skills at all age levels
- develop programs in the languages, STEM and STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and mathematics) for preschool, primary and secondary school-aged students
Congratulations to our 2018 Grant Recipients
In 2018 36 organizations receiving $80, 986. For more information about the recipients visit the 2018 page under Grant History on the menu. Since inception 281 grants have been awarded for over $530,000, as follows:
Those grants have fallen into the following categories:
While grants have been primarily given for Language programs in the past, STEM and Interdisciplinary projects are definitely on the rise.