Contribute to an informed and active citizenry by supporting programs that promote literacy and educational enrichment within communities served by Swift Communications.
Examples include programs that promote:
- Literacy, reading and writing skills
- Programs in the languages, sciences and interdisciplinary areas
The Bessie Minor Swift Foundation awards grants to programs that provide direct service to:
- help with the implementation or expansion of literacy programs for children who are below grade level or experiencing difficulty reading
- develop reading and writing skills at all age levels
- develop programs in the languages, STEM and STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and mathematics) for preschool, primary and secondary school-aged students
Through our 2019 funding process a total of $83,156 was awarded to 37 organizations. Details of these awards can be found in the Grant History menu. Since inception 318 awards have been granted for a total of approximately $620,000. Over 12 years the Foundation has awarded grants as follows:
Grants have fallen into categories as follows:
While grants have been primarily given for Language programs in the past, STEM and Interdisciplinary projects are definitely on the rise.
Come see us again between January 1, 2020 and February 15, 2020 to seek funds for your great programs taking place in communities served by Swift Communications.