Contribute to an informed and active citizenry by supporting programs that promote literacy and educational enrichment within communities served by Swift Communications.
Examples include programs that promote:
- Literacy, reading and writing skills
- Programs in the languages, sciences and interdisciplinary areas
The Bessie Minor Swift Foundation awards grants to programs that provide direct service to:
- help with the implementation or expansion of literacy programs for children who are below grade level or experiencing difficulty reading
- develop reading and writing skills at all age levels
- develop programs in the languages, STEM and STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and mathematics) for preschool, primary and secondary school-aged students
Now Announcing 2018 Grant Recipients!
Congratulations to 36 organizations receiving $80, 986. For more information about the recipients visit the 2018 page under Grant History on the menu. Since inception 281 grants have been awarded for over $530,000, as follows:
Those grants have fallen into the following categories:
While grants have been primarily given for Language programs in the past, STEM and Interdisciplinary projects are definitely on the rise.